Why Study U.S. History
Standards - How Can They Be Useful?
Devloping Themes in U.S. History
Historical Stories and Unit Hooks
1. 56 Great Risk Takers
2. Ranking the Presidents Images
3. Cheese - Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson
4. Historical Trailer Images
6. "Letter to Mrs. Roosevelt" and the Images of Dorothea Lange
Using Primary Sources in the Classroom - IMAGES
1. Andrew Jackson Compare and Contrast Images
4. Women's Suffrage -
"Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, and George Washington
Using Primary Sources in the Classroom - DOCUMENTS
8. Presidential Views on Vietnam
9. Ranking Lyndon B. Johnson
1. Anti Slavery and Pro Slavery Images -
Then click "See Full Text
List of These Prints".
Scroll to 1841 and find "America"
4. Ellis Island vs. Angel Island
2. Slideshow, Music, and Film
3. Relative Significance
4. Document Exam
deals with many facets of the KKK.
5. Problem Based Assessment
Long Term Projects
1. Trading Card Assignment - Examples of modern Baseball